If you have any questions during the application process, please call us during office hours (Mon – Fri, 9am – 5pm) on 01392 961385 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We will retain a copy of your application form in a secure location, which is compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation.
PLEASE NOTE: The Household membership application is only applicable for two individuals residing at the same residential address. You will both need to complete the application form as we need both your details. However, the Primary Household member is the principal member under the Co-cars Household membership, and as such, is liable for payment of all invoices generated.
Please make sure you read the insurance requirements of our Terms and Conditions, set out in Step 1 below, to check that you are both eligible to become a members before taking the time to complete Step 2.
Step 1 - Insurance requirements
IMPORTANT: Under the requirement of our Comprehensive Motor Insurance Policy, cover will only be provided to authorised individuals who:
- Are aged between 21 and 75 years. Persons aged 76 years and over must be individually assessed by our insurers – please complete the application form, if you meet the remaining requirements, and we will contact our insurers on your behalf.
- Have held a full driving licence for a minimum of 12 months.
- Have an up to date driving licence which displays your current place of residence (only applicable to UK licence holders).
- Hold a full valid driving licence from one of the following countries:
- UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and Switzerland
- Any county within the European Union (EU)
- Any county within the European Economic Area e.g. Iceland, Liechtenstein or Norway
- Foreign Service Personnel must hold a full valid UK or EU licence for 2 years or more.
- Have not been convicted of an offence in connection with the driving of a motor vehicle or motorcycle.
- Have not had their driving licence endorsed or suspended.
- Have not had more than 6 penalty points imposed (any "spent" convictions covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, may be disregarded).
- Have not had their insurance declined and/or renewal refused and/or special insurance terms imposed as a result of claims experience.
- Have not had their insurance or cover cancelled by any Motor insurer.
- Have not, whilst driving, been involved in more than one accident during the past 3 years.
- Are not partly or wholly engaged in professional entertainment* or a professional sports person, jockeys or person connected with the racing or gaming industry or press of any sort.
* Note: only a person whose financial income is wholly derived from professional entertainment is ineligible.
IMPORTANT: If you do not comply with any of these requirements, at any time, you would not be covered by our insurance and therefore you would be personally liable for costs relating to any accident for which you are deemed responsible. If your circumstances change and you do not comply with all the requirements set out above, it is your responsibility to notify Co-cars immediately and to not use any of the Co-cars vehicles until authorised to do so by a member of staff.
In order to proceed with the application, please tick the box to confirm you have both read and comply with the above requirements.